Nature is beautiful. It gives us the building blocks we need to live. Nature provides nutrition, which travels from soil, into plants, into animals and bacteria that convert compounds into nutrients that are easier for humans to digest.
How we Get Our Nutrition
You aren’t just what you eat, you are what your food eats as well.
- Soil – Has nutrients (We can’t eat soil)
- Plants – Takes Nutrients From Soil (We can’t eat all plants. Most plants have defence mechanisms to prevent being eaten e.g. cherries have cyanide. We must cook and prepare plants properly to reduce harmful anti-nutrients).
- Animals – Eat plants and get the nutrition from plants (animals have extra organs that we don’t have to digest plants we cannot digest e.g. cows have four stomachs to digest grass. We must eat animals to get nutrition we can’t get from plants)
- Bacteria – Bacteria inside animals guts eat the digested plants and create extra nutrients e.g. Vitamin B12
- Humans – We eat these animals and plants to obtain the nutrients created from soil and bacteria.
The Circle of Life
When we die, we become soil and we’re reborn into nature as plants. The circle of life gives birth to everything we know and recycles all living things back into the stream of life when the time finally comes.
Nature has provided us with natural high quality nutrients, balanced perfectly for us to be healthy. This food grows in wild nutritious soil free from chemicals.
It’s clear from evidence that our ancestors did not suffer from heart disease, diabetes, obesity, Alzheimer’s, depression, skin issues and other autoimmune conditions we have today.
Industrialisation has destroyed our food systems
When food becomes industrialised with agrochemicals, the nutrients become unbalanced. We get less beneficial nutrients and more harmful ones.
Our Soil is Dead
Unfortunately, modernisation has destroyed our food system and corrupted our soil. The world is now suffering a huge soil crisis. Our soil is nowhere near as nutritious as it was in the past. And, it’s often polluted with chemicals and toxic heavy metals.
Overuse of Chemicals
Our fruits and vegetables are nutritionally empty, full of toxins and sprayed with agrochemicals. Animals are pumped full of hormones, antibiotics and raised in inhumane conditions. You are what your food eats – GMO hormones, antibiotics, stress from animals, toxic metals and agrochemicals.
To top it off, food shelves are full of processed foods that are nutritionally dead and do incredible damage to our bodies. A lot of these foods are labeled ‘healthy’, but these are corporate scams for profit.
The Result of This
Today, we have the highest rates of heart disease, cancer, obesity, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, anxiety, depression, eczema, acne, allergies and other autoimmune conditions. This is getting way out of hand and it has to stop.
This is not natural, this is modernisation. We did not evolve to handle this.
What can we do?
To protect our planet and reclaim our true health, we must:
- Buy organic fruits and vegetables. Organic farming has less toxic metals and more nutrition. It is also better for our soil.
- Buy your meat from trusted farmers. Make sure it’s grass-fed AND grass-finished. Pasture raised is always best. This style of farming avoids hormones and antibiotics. Plus, you get nutrients that are missing from feedlot animals e.g. Vitamin K2 and Omega 3’s .
- Buy wild fish. Unfortunately, our waters are heavily polluted with mercury (humans again). Farmed fish is full of toxins. Make sure to buy wild fish. An FSC badge is always a good sign it’s wild. The smaller the species of fish the better. Fish accumulate more metals over the course of their lives.
- Stay clear from junk food. It does no favours to anyone.
At Champ, we care about the food source, how it affects the environment and our health. We are proud to be the first organic personalised meal prep company in the UK.